1/1/20 – New Years Day Hike (see details under “Hikes and Trail Runs” below)
New Year’s Day Hike Up Sonoma Mt.
Date/Time: Wednesday, January 1, 2020 at 9:00am
Meeting Spot: North Sonoma Mt Park Trailhead (Web site: http://parks.sonomacounty.ca.gov/Visit/North-Sonoma-Mountain-Regional-Park-and-Preserve/ )
- To participate just show up – no sign is needed.
- 10 mile hike
- This is a “4” on a Thomas Scale of toughness; “1” is an easy flat hike and “7” is very hard and steep.)
- This is an out-and-back route, not a loop. We will begin in North Sonoma Mt Park and hike to Jack London State Park where we will summit.
- “How long will this take?” is a common question. Answer: Run 2+/- hours; Power Hiking 3+/-; Moderate Pace 4+/- hours; Easy Pace 5+/- hours. The plan will be to go at a moderate pace.
Things to bring:
- Daypack with lunch, snacks, water, personal first-aid needs.
- Cell phone
- Trekking poles are a good idea, but at not mandatory